I typed up this post at least three different times and lost it three times. Ugh. New Year’s Resolution #1: ALWAYS SAVE.
Anyway. I’m back at my own house, thankfully, and now I can type up everything properly. Without any further ado, my 2012 New Year’s Resolutions:
- Quiet Time (I haven’t been as diligent as I should be >.>)
- Writing Journal (Seems pretty easy to me. XD)
- Art Journal (Self-explanatory. When I don’t draw for a while I have to start from the ground up with a big drawing.)
- Learn a New Word (I use the same words over and over again! How boring!
- Critique one novel chapter
- Critique one short story or similar (OYAN)
- Critique/comment on two poems
- Finish one Big Drawing (My portfolio is very sad.)
- Write a poem/song (I really haven’t done enough of this…)
- Write two blog posts for Slaying Dragons
- Write two blog posts for Encouragement Love (*cough* Yeah.)
- Gloss one song (Translate song lyrics into American Sign Language.)
- Record and post song to youtube
Montly– (These are all my big writing projects. Like novels.)
- January: Polishing Forgiven, finishing Love, finishing Cousin’s Story
- February: CD/planning Host, finishing Prince of Thieves
- March: Editing Revenge, writing Host
- April: Break; writing series of short plays for Script Frenzy
- May: Writing Host, editing Love (if not submitted to contest)
- June: Finishing Hero, reading NaNo ’11
- July: Camp NaNoWriMo (pantsing novel)
- August: Editing Prince of Thieves, writing The Horse Lord
- September: Writing The Horse Lord, editing NaNo ’11
- October: Planning NaNo, editing Host
- November: NaNoWriMo (Oct. planned novel)
- December: BREAK, looking over the year’s work
As you can see, I have an enormous to-do list. I’m also juggling school, church, and likely work. Still… I write fairly quickly. And a month is a long time–I’ll have plenty to do, no boredom. That sounds nice.
I’m also going to Winter Jam, a John Williams concert, and hopefully a Red concert. All in January/February. XD I’ll certainly be busy.
Now, I wish you all a wonderful New Year! May your pens remain sharp.
(P.S.: For those of you who wanted to read the half-finished one-shot I accidentally posted the other day, I will finish it. Eventually…)