So… I haven’t posted anything in a while. This is a travesty and must be remedied. I’ll make bullet points of everything that’s happened since the last post.
- I finished Love! It’s a little over 35,000 words and 151 pages when printed. Everything fell into place like magic, and my beta reader couldn’t find any major plot issues. (We’ll see what happens when a bunch of people read it, but for now I shan’t squish my euphoria!) My Black Moment and Showdown had the desired effect… The only major problem that I can see at this point is the hounds of incredibly awkward phrasing. “Jelir jumped out of his hair,” for one. Anyone want to draw a picture? Hehe.
- I revamped Revenge‘s plot. The original didn’t pan out at all, and I needed something new to work with. My whiteboard is currently covered in plot points and character notes and the whole timeline of the novel. Perhaps I’ll write a post someday on how to plot a novel using a whiteboard and some markers. At any rate, I’m working on Revenge at the moment, but I’m just not feeling the beginning. Perhaps when I get further in I’ll strike gold.
- My birthday is on Sunday. Huzzah! I hope to get an Ikea cube bookshelf (*winkwink* *nudgenudge*) on which to store my books and (hopefully) notebooks. As it is, I’ve got *way* too much furniture in my room. Two desks, a twin bed, two bookshelves, a craft shelf, a storage cube, and two dressers (one is going out), plus six notebook bins. I will be incredibly happy if I can get rid of at least some of those things.
- I saw Men In Black 3. It was… interesting, to say the least. I didn’t care for the beginning (a squick moment and a lot of cussing), but it leveled out in the middle and I really enjoyed it. For a spoof, it presented some serious issues that gave the movie a different feel to it. (I do have a bone to pick with the time travel, though–perhaps I’m just too much of a Whovian at heart…) So, I’d recommend it for teens and above. I’d also recommend skipping the first… Fiveish minutes. It’s really unnecessary. There are also scary aliens.
- Thank you, Beth, for pointing out that Chris Hemsworth would make a good Fallor. I’m completely convinced. (Thor in, well, Thor, and also the Avengers. He’s also in Snow White and the Huntsman. And apparently Kristin Steward is also in SWatH? What? Who let her in there?)
- I have a job! YAY!
I think I really have nothing else to say. Huh. I’ll be back soon-ish with a post on flow charts and whiteboards!